For anyone lucky enough to be living in a house with an abundance of period details, the temptation might be to furnish it in a similar fashion. But it doesn’t have to be so. When you combine contemporary furniture (or in this case bathroom fittings), with plaster moldings, sash windows and an ornate fireplace, the results can be stunning. This bathroom is a perfect example of stepping away from the expected claw-footed bath in favour of something much more sleek and modern, and making it work. The juxtaposition of the smooth white porcelain with gilt accessories, vintage prints and an antique armchair makes for a very comfortable and striking room.
The Haze Bath from Water Baths of Ashbourne.
The Haze Basin from Water Baths of Ashbourne.
Get the Look
- Reflections of Paris Gold Mirror from The French Bedroom Company.
- Artificial Bamboo Tree from Wyevale Garden Centres.
- The Formoso Bath from The Pure Bathroom Collection.
- Shell Wall Light from Besselink and Jones.
- Blue Movie Dead Flat Matt Emulsion Paint from Dowsing and Reynolds.
- Soleil Gold Plant Stands from Audenza.
- Order and Chaos Diptych from The Brave Boutique.
- Distressed Gold Box Candle Holder from The Farthing.
- The Harrington Armchair from Modish Living.
You Might Also Like
A PALM SPRINGS INSPIRED BATHROOM – GET THE LOOK
AN INDUSTRIAL STYLE KITCHEN – GET THE LOOK
STUNNING, UNDERSTATED WALL TILES THAT LOOK LIKE WALLPAPER