- Cooking time
- 30 minutes
- Preparation time
- 15 minutes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 80g chorizo, sliced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 2 Romano peppers, chopped
- 1 tbsp smoked sweet paprika
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 250g Waitrose Bomba Paella Rice
- 800ml chicken stock
- 180g pack raw Waitrose Extra Large King Prawns
- 2 x 200g packs Waitrose Scottish Mussels
- 25g pack flat leaf parsley, leaves roughly chopped
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan or paella pan and cook the chorizo for 3 minutes then stir in the onion and cook for a few minutes more. Add the garlic and peppers and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the paprika and tomato purée and cook for 1 minute then add the rice and toss well. Pour in the stock, bring to a simmer, cover and cook for 10 minutes then add the prawns and mussels and cook for a further 5 minutes until the prawns have turned pink.
- By now the rice should be nearly cooked through and absorbed almost all of the liquid. Turn off the heat and keep covered for 5 minutes. Serve the paella scattered with fresh parsley.
This recipe and thousands more can be found at waitrose.com/recipes