The one piece of clothing that I consider to be the hardest to shop for is jeans. It can be an extremely tall order to find a pair that fit just right, because both bodies and jeans come in all shapes and sizes. In fact, if you’re lucky enough to find a pair of jeans that fits your waist, hips, thighs, and calves, and that also happen to be just the right length, you probably feel as though you’ve won the lottery! 🙂
One thing I’ve personally found helpful when shopping for jeans is to get recommendations from other women. Because it’s really easy to get overwhelmed if you’re looking for jeans at every store and from every single brand! Recommendations have helped me find a lot of great products in the past, and I thought it could also help me out in my quest for a great pair of jeans. So recently I asked my Facebook followers to tell me about their favorite brand of jeans. I got so many helpful responses that I knew I needed to write a blog post about it! So today I’ll be sharing a list of some of the most recommended jean brands from OGT readers. This list is a great place to start your search if you’re looking for your own perfect pair of jeans!
Related: These Are 25 Of The Best Smartphone Apps Out There
9 Of The Best Brands Of Jeans, According To You
This brand is my personal pick! I discovered Talbot jeans when I went shopping for some vacation clothes at the nearby Talbot’s outlet store. I was looking for beach-y attire, but when I saw these, I couldn’t resist trying them on! Like many people, I’m always on the lookout for the “perfect” pair of jeans for me. Unfortunately, it seems like 9 times out of 10 there is something I don’t like about them. They’re too low-waisted, too tight in the legs, too baggy in the seat, etc. But I was pleasantly surprised when I tried these on, because there was absolutely nothing “too much” about them! They’re just the right length, have just the right amount of stretch, and hit my waist just where I like them to. So even though I haven’t worn them much since I bought them (it’s been too hot!), they will definitely be my go-to jeans this fall and winter!
2. NYDJ (Not Your Daughter’s Jeans)
- “Not Your Daughter’s Jeans, they stay put!” – Stephanie
- “I just got a brand called Not Your Daughter’s Jeans. They are great! I got them from thredUP and I love them!” – Cyndi
Lee was mentioned quite a bit! A few of the specific styles that were mentioned included the Sculpting Slim Fit Pull On style, the Riders style, and the Classic Fit.
- “Lee Classic Fit. The stretchy kind, because I’m 79 and I need a little wiggle room.” – Margaret
4. Gloria Vanderbilt
This brand can be found in several locations, including retail stores like Kohl’s and JCPenney, or online at Amazon. One responder bought her pair at Costco!
- “I love that they come in so many fun colors, and that I can get them for a really reasonable price at Costco. They have a decent amount of stretch in them, so they’re super comfortable. The ones I get are also higher-waisted, so they’re really flattering.” – Lindsay
Levi’s brand has been producing denim jeans since the late 1800’s! They’re a true classic with a loyal following.
- “I’m 59 now, but I’ve been a Levi’s girl since high school.” – Susan
6. Old Navy
Several styles of jeans from Old Navy were mentioned by our Facebook responders, including the Curvy style and Rockstar style. Read what one responder said about Old Navy’s Curvy style below.
- “[They] fit my hips and bum without 6” of fabric gapping at the waist. Took forever to find them!” – Carol
- “Gap jeans fit me best and hold up to wear and tear. I just wait for them to go on sale.” – Angela
- “Gap Long and Lean. I am neither [of those things] but if they want to stitch it on the pocket, I’d be fine with that.” – Sarah
8. American Eagle
Our photographer Kaitlyn practically insisted that we put American Eagle on this list. I haven’t personally tried them out, but Kaitlyn swears by them!
- “I think a lot of people consider American Eagle to be a teen brand, but their high-waisted jeans fit so well and they really hold everything in. And this may seem like a minor detail, but the pocket placement on their jeans makes your butt look really good! American Eagle’s prices are pretty reasonable too, but they also have sales all the time. I don’t think I’ve ever paid more than $40 for a pair.” – Kaitlyn
- “Best fit and not too expensive.” – Michelle
- “Maurice’s! Fantastic fit always.” – Jen
What is your go-to brand for the best fitting jeans?